Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Fair warning guys, this post is going to infringe on several major copyright laws.
If the Feds come knocking at your door after clicking on the links I have posted then I don't know you and I cannot provide bail money.
Are we clear?
It is my h
ope however that you will risk being sent up the river, and click away on what I am presenting below.
I am about to share with you are some of my favorite comics, and the things that make me squeal like a gay boy.
Couldn't we all use a good laugh these days?
Excellent! Let's get started!

PATTON OSWALT is a genius. He is my favorite stand-up comic, and his two comedy albums, Feelin' Kinda Patton and Werewolves and Lollipops, have reduced me to tears even after repeated listening. I HIGHLY recommend that you purchase these titles and then sit back, relax, and prepare to urinate on yourself. Patton is just that funny. You may know him from The King of Queens or as the voice of the main rat in Rattatouile. But stand-up is in my opinion where Patton really shines. Listen to the "Best Week Ever" section first. It destroyed me.
Oh, and P.S. If any of these links don't work just copy and paste them. I have no idea how to actually do anything on a computer so I am winging all this.

http://www.last.fm/music/Patton+Oswalt

RICH HALL is a comic who I had the pleasure of seeing at a club in London. He often performs under a different persona named Otis Lee Crenshaw. Otis is a tough southern country singer, and his songs kill me every single time. Rich is another comic who I adore. We hung out for a while after his set, and he gave me some great advice about stand-up which I promptly forgot after the drinks he plied me with. My point here is that he is not only hilarious, but after hitting on me, I can vouch for his excellent taste in women. Check him out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXia60dgHnE

EDDIE IZZARD is a comic, a writer, an actor, a transvestite, and a freaking genius. If you have never seen Eddie's BRILLIANT stand-up special stop reading stupid blogs and go buy yourself a copy. I LOVE this entire performance, but am including just a few highlights below. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do, and if you don't then you just have problems.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6omQ5JjjLsE&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DiFq_nk8pE0&feature=related

THE FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS is a comic duo from New Zealand made up of Bret Mckenzie and Jemaine Clement. By some miracle of executive genius HBO decided to give these guys their own show, and if you missed any of these episodes I would encourage you to view them A.S.A.P. Between their manager Murray and Mel their number one fan this show proved to be one of the freshest most innovative series to hit television in a long time. Don't believe me? Then take it from the Rhymenocerous.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk&feature=related

RUSHMORE is my all-time favorite movie comedy. It is in my opinion Wes Anderson's finest film. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN RUSHMORE...well I don't even know how to finish that sentence. Just get Rushmore okay? If not for me than for all of mankind. Bill Murray should have been knighted for his work in this film. I know that he's not British but the Queen should have made a goddamn exception okay? That's how freaking great he is! I have included a little snippet below that is known as the revenge montage. I also have to recommend to you guys the soundtrack of awesome 70's rock songs by The Kinks, The Who, John Lennon and many others. Actually come to think of it, all of Wes Anderson's movies have bitchin soundtracks. Just a little heads up for your next iTunes shopping binge.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yly2UDQp6fc


So I hope you guys enjoyed this little tour of some of my favorite things in the world of entertainment. I would love to hear what my readers are into as well. If you have something that you think will rock my world please send it along. Until the next post, Peace y'all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny people? Conchords
and Izzard, definitely. David Sedaris live. Peter Sagal. Rufus Wainwright. Andre Codrescu. Let's hear it for the NPR airwaves.

KHSOMusic said...

HAHAHA :) I love The Flight of the Conchords! My mom actually introduced me to them...odd.
I personally LOVE Kathy Griffin...the way she talks about Celine Dion kills me...
I LOVE "Waiting for Guffman" and "Best In Show"...Parker Posey is hilarious!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQKdEdzHnfU

hahaha

AmyTheFreak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmyTheFreak said...

Oh my god. This entry scares me... I just started watching Flight of the Conchords AND just got Rushmore to watch.

Not to mention I am obsessed with Ratatouille right now... I love Patton Oswalt's voice.

Valerie J. said...

lol Rushmore. Honestly, I've never seen it but that youtube clip was the best thing ever.

Let's see... what can I share with you? Mitch Hedburg (RIP)? He has this joke about a tent, I can't find it but here's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPu8453j1m8

And I'm a sucker for Clerks 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM